downtown Fargo Building...
Nearly 100 years about
(September 5, 1910, to be precise) Teddy Roosevelt
came to Fargo and gave a speech
across the street from the VIP Room.
Of course the
restaurant wasn't there at the time, but the building was.
in 1894, with three extra floors added a few years later, the
building, known as Block Six, was the home of the OJ
deLendrecie Department Store, over of the fledgling city's
classiest and most popular downtown department stores.
In fact, it had a
popular Tea Room right down where the VIP Room is now.
Block Six was
placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in 1979.